This statement applies to personal information collected through the Judicial Pacific Participation Fund (JPPF) website or otherwise provided to JPPF. This statement is to let users of this website and those engaging with JPPF know when we collect personal information and what we do with it.
Note that the JPPF site can be viewed without the need to disclose personal information to us.
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information that you choose to give us while using our website and our services, for example your name, email address, country, court, role and gender when you sign up to access the resources and/or apply for funding and support. We only use this personal information for the purpose(s) specified at the point of collection in the website or on application forms. When you do provide information to us, please carefully read the privacy statement provided at that point.
Note that any information you provide us with is viewable by JPPF and New Zealand Ministry of Justice staff and contractors (including third parties providing services relating to the administration, improvement and/or securing of the JPPF site and the information it contains). Please note this if you choose to provide us with information of a sensitive nature.
Sharing your information
We do not give information about you to other government agencies, organisations, partner countries or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- one of the reasons we obtained the information was to give it to someone else, which will be made clear at the point of collection
- you have given authority
- it is required or authorised by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 or by any other New Zealand law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or safety or to somebody's life or health or
- the information is to be used in a way that will not identify you; or it is to be used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a way that will identify you.
Access to personal information we hold about you
You can ask us to give you any information that we hold about you and to make any correction to that information. Contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Automatic collection of information
We - and our contractors and providers - use analytical tools to create summary statistics that allow us to assess information such as the number of visitors to different sections of the website, identify what information is of most and least interest, monitor system performance, and help us make our website more useful to visitors. To do this these analytical tools collect and store the data when you visit the website, including:
- Your service address (IP address)
- The date, time and duration of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and the documents you downloaded
- The type of browser you used
- The search terms you used
- Your operating system
- Other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Your emails and contributions to the site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the New Zealand Public Records Act 2005. We may also be required to disclose those materials under the New Zealand Official Information Act 1982 or to a New Zealand Parliamentary Select Committee in response to a Parliamentary Question.