Application for professional development
Use this form to apply for funding to attend a conference, seminar and/or study tour, for mentoring (one-on-one or in small groups), to request support to develop resources or to develop an education programme.
If you are applying for a bench book, please use the Bench book application form
- Please submit your application at least six weeks before the activity. It takes time for us to make all the arrangements.
- Make sure you complete all the required information in the application and upload all the required documents. Your application may be declined if it is incomplete.
- All applications require written support from your Chief Justice or Head of Bench.
- Applications for attendance at conferences, seminars, study tours and/or mentoring require a brief biography/curriculum vitae. This will help us to introduce you to presenters, mentors and other participants.
- If the activity requires international travel, please also provide a copy of your passport with the application and, as soon as possible, a valid visa to enter the country you will be travelling to (and any you’re transiting through if required). We’ll provide a letter to support your visa application if your application is successful.
- JPPF will pay for economy fares only. If you wish to fly business class, you must arrange your own flights and seek reimbursement of an equivalent economy fare from us.
- Email us if you have any questions or wish to discuss your application first.
We’ll let you know the outcome of your application within one week of receiving it.
By submitting this application, you agree to:
- Provide feedback immediately after you have completed the activity. This may be in the form of a brief report or an evaluation form – we’ll let you know which is appropriate.
- Respond in a timely way to later requests for a brief report on how the activity has impacted on your work, if necessary.
- Share what you learn with your colleagues, where appropriate.
- Ongoing communication with JPPF.